2.14.2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day happens every year. The chocolates, stickers and numerous paper valentines handy in the hands of adults and children alike. Fancy dinners and champagne are all the buzz in the high-end areas. is this what we think of when we say the word "Valentine's Day." What is the true meaning the holiday of hearts. To show what Valentine's Day truly means, let me say the words to my dad all the way in Arizona on this blog. Well, here it goes:
Dear Dad,
You have given me life and reason,
Helped me say the right things, at the right season.
You have given me food to eat and a house over my head.
I am very thankful for what a dad I was given, I could not have chosen better.
This is all I have to say in this letter.
My dad has changed me for good.
Your daughter that misses you,
Haley


I love Valentine's day and sometimes, sweet words said by someone you love is far better than a diamond or expensive chocolate. We must take time to remember our friends and family this day, as the saying goes:
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get, but make the best of what you have."

1 comment:

Beto said...

Haley!!!! Thanks for the Valentine's note! You're right, it was much better than diamonds or expensive chocolates!! I loved every word; thanks for being you and having your own way of saying things and your own style. I'm so glad I asked you to put it on the blog instead of telling me. Your words really meant a lot to me. I will read and reread. I love you Snails,
Dad