2.26.2011

I'm trapped inside the headphones

Dear Family,
I thought it was so cute tonight as I was able to talk to Q before she went to bed. She was talking to me on Mom's headphones. She asked something like, "Can I go in there Mommy?" "In where, Quinny?" "In the phone, with Daddy." "You mean in the headphones with Daddy?" "Yes. (said as only Quinn pronounces 'yes')" "Do you think Daddy is really small inside of the speaker in your ear?" "Yes." "And you want me to make you small so you can go in there with Daddy?" "Yes." "Daddy?" "Yes Quinny?" "Can I come in there with you?"
Soooo cute how two year olds think. Just so you know, you were all two once and had similar thoughts. I have loved each and every one of you at that Q's age, and all the funny things you thought and said. Wish I had a perfect memory to capture all of them, just as they happened. I guess that's a 2-year-old's way of saying, "I miss you Dad. Please come home." Well I am...next weekend. Until then, I'll just have to stay about 3mm tall inside of Mom's earphones. And you can all come visit me any time in there!
Love, Dad

p.s. If you are wondering what I look like when 3 mm tall and inside the headphones, I'll bet it's something like this:


Laser beams up! Razzle, dazzle!!!


1 comment:

Kim T. said...

I LOVE that picture! Quinny said, "Look, Dad is a doctor!" So cute! She told me this morning that her ear hurt. When I was looking at them I asked her if there were any monkeys or elephants in them. She laughed. She thought that was so silly. She said her ears would have to be "huge" to have those things in them. So funny that you could fit in an earphone, but an elephant can't fit in her ear!! You look very razzle dassley. I love you!!! That picture really makes me smile. I think it's your smiling eyes behind the red glasses. Later Gater.