2.05.2011

Arizona, officially

Dear Family,
Gone is the Ohio Driver's License. I had to get a new one for AZ on Friday. I was in a little bit of a hurry because I needed it to get a hunting license. "A hunting license?" you ask. Yes, a hunting license. Paul, David, Erin's brother Russ, and I are all putting in for Elk tags this year. The hunt will be in Oct. up by Forest Lakes, if we get drawn. So, my Ohio license got a hole punch, and is no longer valid...I have a new AZ one now, so I guess that makes me officially an Arizonian again.
Mom sent some pictures of the snow, and wow, it looks like you guys have had your share! I am sorry that Mom has had to do so much shoveling. Isn't that what we had kids for, so we could get free labor out of you? I hope you are all looking for ways to be extra helpful around the house while I'm gone and Mom has to do all the parenting herself. And you'd all better say thanks to her when she has food on the table, clean laundry in your drawers, a clean house, and she takes you all over tarnation in the van. A thanks, especially a sincere thanks, can go a long way!!!
(In case you were all wondering, I had my lecture face on while I've been typing this.)
In other news, the job is going great, I'm settling in okay, and I think things will work out well on that front. Uncle Bob has been packing up boxes and moving stuff all weekend. I helped him move his piano today to Grammy and Grandpa's house. He is planning on moving out sometime in the next several weeks, if he can make up his mind where he's going to move.
I sure miss you all. Haley, I even think I miss your silly questions. Robyn, I miss our spontaneous chats. Eric, I miss playing Monopoly with you. Mi Mi, I miss your hugs. And Q...I'm even starting to miss your messes and you looking in my mouth all the time! And Mama, I miss you lots! I miss being friends that hang out whenever we can. I miss our lunch dates. I miss lots of things about you, but we won't pester the readers of the blog (a.k.a. our children) with the details! I hope you all have a great day at church tomorrow, and I want you all to tell me something new you learned! I'll expect that information via phone call, email, text, Facebook, or video chat!
Fast Sunday AND The Super Bowl tomorrow...is that an oxymoron?
Love, Dad

1 comment:

Kim T. said...

Thanks for the letter! I felt like the girl in "You've Got Mail". A bright spot in my morning. :)