2.21.2011

our icy monday

Q keeps picking at her scab, therefore, she gets to don this beauty.  She loves it - really, she does.  You know how she is with band-aids.

Eric, Cole, and Ethan are delighted it is cold, snowy, icy, windy, etc.  They had a blast outside.

Haley is back from her 3-day debate tournament.  This is the view I see the most.  She did take a nice long nap today.  She decided to switch to the other side of the couch for the nap.

Robyn spent most of the day in her room.  She worked on reading her book for school (Uncle Tom's Cabin) and researching new phones.  I am sure there was some texting going on as well.

H, R, & M got haircuts.  R got a trim.  H got store bought bangs (vs. the homemade version she has been sporting for the past few weeks).

M got it "to the chin".  That's what she has been asking for for a while.  Super sassy, Miss Sassy Pants!

Q-bear made her own chicken fajita tonight, sans chicken fajita.  She opted for sour cream only.  Delish!  She ate most of it.

I took a really hot shower today.  I could have stood there all day.  Remember when you asked me what I like?  That is, without a doubt, one of my favorite things!  I wanted to stay there until the hot water ran out.  I LOVE it!  I look forward to it!  I don't want it to end.  I am disappointed when I have to rush it.  Ahhh, hot, hot water - there's nothing better.

Now, I am going to enjoy a Family Home Evening prepared by our very own kid #3.  Then we are going to indulge in some homemade oreos.  I sure wish you were here to do all of this with us.  Miss you!

2 comments:

Beto said...

The hair cuts sure look pretty!!! Haley, I like your store-bought bangs, Robyn, cute as always, and Mimi, chin length hair sure is cute on you! When are you gonna chop Q's hair off?? That would be very entertaining to watch someone wrestle her to sit still long enough. Maybe I could score some valium and we could put on Dora?? And I love her huge face bandaid!! The cold looks cold Eric! I love you guys, Dad

Beto said...

And I'm not sure I understand Q's sudden love of sour cream. Seems counter-intuitive that a child who so much lives for sweets would like something sour!