2.08.2011

Grateful

Today I'm grateful I don't have cancer. I helped with a surgery on a very nice man, accompanied by his wife who seemed to adore him. He had a bad cancer in his pelvis. They cut so much out to get the cancer out, that I could see through him!! I could look through his abdominal incision and see the floor! Unless you have a cannon ball injury, nobody should be able to look through you! (But I hear if you have cannon ball ointment, you can heal yourself with it) It made me grateful to have the health I have and the wonderful working bodies we all have as a family. I think we're pretty blessed!! So for today, I'm not going to worry about what little thing I wish I could change about my body, I'm just going to be thankful to have one that still works well. Tonight, I'm going to pray for his recovery and for all the other people in this world who struggle with cancer. What a devastating disease. At least I was able to give this man a nice epidural so he won't have to feel the hole in his pelvis for a few days (By the way, they did close the hole, lest you think he was going to heal with a great big hole in him)!
One of my good friends from work in Toledo, was just diagnosed with two different types of breast cancer. I will be praying for her by name as well. She is going to have some major surgery coming up., and a follow-up one after that. She will also have to have long term chemotherapy and radiation therapy. If you want to include her in your prayers, her name is Jenny.
I love you guys!!
Dad

2 comments:

Kim T. said...

Cancer is bad.

Kim T. said...

I am grateful too.