2.01.2011

Is It a Snow Day, Or Birthday?

Me Smiling With Cake

Really Cute Cake
My Sweet 16: 

Yes, there is a known fact that if you are a Mormon girl who was born in the dead of winter and happen to be 16, you should expect three of the following:


1.  A snow day- which happened this year


2. Fast Sunday- A recent study has shown that if you are born on the 1-7 of any following month, you might have one less meal but be spiritually full


3. A Very Odd Day- Well, to say the least, yes, it has been very odd. How many people do you know that have their birthday on a snow day for a sweet 16


So aside from these things, yes I have had a not-so-normal birthday. In fact, when I turned 13, I had my birthday on fast Sunday. Funny story, I was asked if I wanted the kids menu on my 15th birthday! Sorry to say this, but anyone looking for an average teenage blogger, I think you have come to the wrong place. My life is not average or normal. 


So now that I am 16, dad wants me to try to find "somebody to love" in that "somewhere over the rainbow." Thing is, I don't know how to be "part of that world." Truth is, I have never had "this kiss" or that kiss. I really am entering into a "whole new world." Only, I don't know if I'm going to get a "travelin' solider" or "Sk8ter boy." Guess I am stuck singing "some day my prince will come" some time in eternity. 



No comments: