2.23.2011

"frankly, my dear . . ."

 I'm not sure what is up with these dresses.  Maybe Mimi is just channeling her inner Scarlet-O'Hara-I-Don't-Give-a-#@^! attitude.  We all know how well she has worked on that tude!  Whatever the case, the girls have been obsessed with these dresses.  They have been wearing them - a lot.  Mia's tudey has seemed to have rubbed off on #5.  I was told at the gym today that Q was put in time-out because she was "too busy" to help pick up the toys.  Nice.  I found her here sneaking candy before dinner.  I told her to get down.  She said, "I can't get down.  I'm busy.  Don't talk to me."

Mia was sharing some peanut butter pretzels.  It's nice to know they love each other.

I love the addition of the crown!  I am sure Scarlet would have loved it as well.

In Quinny's defense, she has had a pretty rough day.  She woke up coughing and has a pretty nasty nose.  When I was getting her ready for bed she wanted to sleep in her birthday suit.

 She keeps picking at the scab.  It continues to bleed.

In other news . . . I am trying to give a $#^&, so I made some bread today.  I used your mom's recipe.  It turned out yummy.  Not to toot my own horn (toot toot).


I told Haley that she looked like Pigpen walking out of school today with all her papers flying about.  She didn't know who Pigpen was.  I had to educate her.  She laughed.  I also reminded her, I think for the 5th time, to clean her room.  Her suitcase is still at the foot of her bed from her trip.


And at dinner tonight . . . 

Eric:  "Robyn, does this sound like a buzzer in basketball?  errrrrrr"
(Yes, he made a loud buzzer sound.  Very accurate, and very funny.  He said he was joking, kinda.)

Quinn:  "Is it yummy food, Mom?"
Me:  "Why don't you eat it and find out."
Quinn:  "OK, I'll watch a movie."

P.S.  I threatened Mia today that if she ever cut her own hair I would ground her for a month.  To be specific, for the entire month of March.

1 comment:

Beto said...

Kim, that bread looks fantastic!!! And those dresses are funny. Nice that Q is starting to express herself in words better, so she can tell everyone she's gonna do exactly what she wants, when and how exactly she wants to! I miss all the craziness though. Wish I could be there. I got the green light to buy the ticket today at the office, so I will soon be the proud owner of a plane ticket home! See you all soon! Love, Robert