2.01.2011

haley

Here's Haley!!  I know she already posted this picture, but isn't she cute?  It's worth showing again.  Getting the cake was, let's say, eventful.  At least for me.  The floor in the bakery (Thrush's) was slippery.  Quinny went wee-splat once and cried.  Then she went wee-splat again and cried even harder.  I walked over to get her and went KERSPLAT.  There was great laughter.  Unfortunately, the laughter was only coming from me.  The kids were just kind of looking at me like, "get up, Mom, gosh!"  The very unfriendly baker-girl did walk around the counter and mumble something.  I think it had something to do with the "slippery when wet" marker that was on the floor.  Thanks, unfriendly baker-girl.  I couldn't quit laughing for the rest of the time we were there.  Side note, I didn't land hard enough to flatten my lump.  Second side note, the cake was FANTASTIC - totally worth the wee-slpat, wee-splat, KERSPLAT!
We started a new tradition and I hope it doesn't "burn" out. (ha ha)  Everyone took turns putting candles on the cake.  As each candle was added we said something about Haley.  A few of my favorites:  she plays with me, she shares her clothes, she doesn't gossip, she reads to me, she has a nice sense of style. . . 


Quinny cried because she wanted Haley's gift of M&M's.  Haley did share!



One of her new necklace's!  Beautiful!



Dinner at Carrabbas!  Yum!!
Happy 16th Birthday, Haley!  You are a fabulous kid!

1 comment:

Kim T. said...

You Thomases look like you had a great time celebrating Haley's birthday! I hope you saved a piece of that cake for me!! E...What's up with the wet hair? Hot day playing in the snow? Talk to me! Love, Dad.