2.26.2011

How Does This Happen In a Hospital of All Places?





Dear Family,
I miss you. Terribly. I am coming home next weekend!! I can't wait. It's been too long already. Seems like ages. As you know, I've been working a lot, and I have spent a good deal of time at the hospital. In my many trips to the cafeteria, I have noticed things like these:


I get the need for bulk food in a large hospital cafeteria. I can see how you can save a lot of money and packaging by putting big condiment pumpers, like mustard, ketchup and BBQ sauce. But what about stuff like this:


Seriously people! Don't these particular items require refrigeration? I just don't understand this at all. Is is a sterile inner container that even though opened, doesn't require the benefit of 40 degrees F? Intriguing, I know. Is it possible that our ever indulging society pumps through enough of this stuff, it doesn't have time to spoil? These are just some of the deeper things I think about while I'm at work!! I miss you all,
Love Dad

1 comment:

Kim T. said...

It's a good thing I rarely use either of those things. It does make me think. Pretty gross. Maybe you could get to the bottom of this mystery by asking a worker? I am sure they could give you some behind the scenes info. Just a thought.