3.23.2011

Gateway Academy

On Monday, I was post call so I went to see Gateway Academy in Scottsdale. It was a nice facility and they'd only been there two weeks. I don't have any pictures of the new location, because I would have had to think of pulling out my phone and taking some pictures while I was there! Duh! Anyway, despite the short time they have been in their new facility, I thought the school was very organized and well-equipped. Haley, I hope you can work out a trip here to see the school and meet some of the other students. I really do think it would be a good fit for you, with lots of incredibly personalized learning. I have high hopes that we can make things work out so you can go. Maybe you can be in the school's rock band. I have lots of information about the school that they gave me when I was there, as well as a CD with the yearbook on it. I will try to attach a few photos from that soon so you can see some of the other students, and I'll make sure I bring the packet when I come for Spring Break. The thing I liked most about what the principal said was that they try to set up the students for success, not failure. That means they will give you a lot of help in areas you need it, and not waste too much time on the areas that are strengths for you. She said they had high expectations, but not unreasonable ones, and the expectations are totally tailored to you as an individual. I liked the school a lot! Pics to follow soon...

1 comment:

Kim T. said...

Sounds great to me! I will book a ticket for Haley as soon as I can!