3.10.2011

dora intervention

Good morning!  So here's what's happening...
Last night, early in the evening, Robyn came to me and asked, "Mom, if I get all my homework done and the kids get to bed, can we watch a show together?"  I thought that was a great idea.  I was grumpy, as you know, and probably needed a shift of gears.  As planned, we got everyone home from their various activities, bathed, homeworked, yelled at, and then lovingly tucked into bed.  Then at the appointed hour, 9:00pm, Robyn came downstairs and announced she was done with her work.  This was very impressive - she has A LOT of reading to do in 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' - it has to be finished today.  We were both excited and we sat down to watch Glee.  We got exactly thirty minutes into it and we heard a little POP and then the TV went dark.  You guessed it.  The lamp is toast.  So, we went upstairs to watch.  I am not sure why, but the upstairs DVR only recorded one minute of Glee.  The fates were working against us.  Dejectedly, and half filled with Glee, we went to bed.
On the bright side of this whole event...
I believe that we are going to be able to stage a little Dora intervention.  As you know, the love shared between Q and D is strong.

My least favorite quote of the year so far is, "I want to watch Dora."  Every time I hear it I want to scream.  That being said, I think with the lamp being DOA and having to go cold turkey, we are going to go through some painful moments.  It will probably look a lot like this.
I am prepared.  There might be:  nausea or vomiting, sweating, shakiness, and anxiety.  I think we can handle it.  We have books, games, snacks, songs, and the great outdoors to distract us during this hard time.  Don't worry too much about us, we'll make it through.  Oh no, she has already found a loop hole.  As I am typing this, she is asking if she can watch Dora on the computer.  This might be harder than I thought!!

And in the Aspie corner...
Yesterday Haley had a very busy day at school.  She had technology club and play practice after school.  So in an effort to save money and get her to eat healthy food I sent her extras in her lunch box. I told her before she left that I was sending all of these things so she wouldn't have to buy anything at school.  "OK, Mom, that's great."  When I picked her up yesterday she had a Sprite and a bag of popcorn.  That's funny, Haley, you must have been hungry - so I thought.  This morning when I went to pack her lunch, her lunchbox was up in her room (of course) and still filled with her food - carrots, cream cheese, apple sauce, extra juice box.    I had to throw away the cream cheese.  Thanks for the extras, MOM!

1 comment:

Beto said...

I literally laughed out loud as I was reading this post! You are so funny!!! That's really too bad about Glee. It appears fate was against you having any fun last night. I especially like the signs and symptoms of Dora withdrawal. I hope you and Q can make it through this. I know you can, we'll see about her.