3.16.2011

breakdown

We are having our various breakdowns today, mostly of the communication variety.  I guess you could say it started when I walked into Robyn's room this morning.  The conversation went something like this:


Me:  Robyn, it's 7:00.  Time to get up.
Robyn:  Yeah, that's why you need a membership.
Me:  What?
Robyn:  What?
Me:  What?
Robyn:  The membership.  Never mind.
Me:  What!?!?!


After school, less than FIVE minutes into working on packing up Haley's side of the room....


Me:  Haley, do you want this?  Is it garbage?
Haley:  (letting out a huffy)  This is so tedious.


Later, when I was dropping off Haley at play practice.....


Haley:  OK, thanks Mom.  I'll call you when I need a ride.
Me:  Haley, you don't have the phone.  Eric does.
Haley:  Oh.  I'll call you when I'm done.
Me:  OK


Later, the phone rings.  This is what I see.
I do know a J. McEntire, but clearly this is not my beloved Janette calling to chat it up with me.  No, this would be Haley calling on some random phone.  Not knowing McIntire J, I screen her call, but with my cat-like reflexes I am able to get to the phone before she hangs up.  This is the conversation that follows:

Me:  Hi Haley!  What's up?
Haley:  I'm fine.
Me:  Why are you done so early?
Haley:  I'm at the performing arts center.
Me:  Start walking home.  I will get you when I can.
Haley:  OK

Because I was in the middle of making dinner and she was done early, I wasn't able to leave for about ten minutes.  I thought she would be halfway home.  No.  She was still at the school.  I'm not entirely sure she heard a word I said.

Eric walked home from school and had a small breakdown about his eyes when he got home.  Not sure what was wrong.  He took a small rest on the couch, ate some dinner, went to the bathroom, and then felt fine.  Strange.

Mia had a breakdown about which door she was going to get out of when we got home from the movies.

Q has hourly breakdowns about Dora.

We did more packing after the movie.  Haley couldn't handle it.  She was begging to go bed. There were a lot of huffies going on.  I told her if she said one more word I was going to explode.  There was a long silence after that.  I finished what I was doing and we parted on good terms.  No more breakdowns tonight.  Well, maybe one more, I am going to breakdown and go to bed!

1 comment:

Beto said...

Communication is key!! Thanks for all the stories and pictures hun...makes me feel like I am right there with you (only a very silent and unhelpful observer). I miss you tons!