4.01.2011

a little Mimi chat

Last night Mimi and I were spending a little time together on the chair in my room.  Originally we were watching a show, but it was not holding Mia's attention and she began to talk.  Here are a few of the highlights...

**Grace D. is a good listener.  
(Apparently Grace D. didn't know that Mrs. Baker had told the students they were not to bring toys to school.  She was bringing in her stuffed animals at the beginning of the year, but she put an end to that immediately once Mrs. Baker told her about the toy rule.  You've gotta love Grace D.  She doesn't cheat, she's a fantastic munchkin, and a good listener.  What's next?)

**In January and February I didn't color in my "green".  
(That is a square on her calendar at school.)  
Everyday I forget.  
What happens if you forget?  
Nothing.  It's just blank, but Mrs. Baker wants you to do it.

**I need some lotion on my arms.  
(Yes, she did!  They were very dry indeed.)

Mia, what are your favorite things about 1st grade?  (Wow, did that open the flood gates...)
**Staying all day.  
Having recess.  
Being a helper all day.  
Playing with Sienna at 1st recess.
Wearing new clothes.
Getting to eat at school.
Sometimes we watch movies.
Having fun at recess. 

**I have very short nails, but I still want to grow them.

**I remember when Addi puked on Robyn's toe.  She calls me 'baby sister Mia'. (She pretends they are babies.)  She follows me around all the time.
(I'm not sure what brought on this memory, but here it is.)
Mia, what's your favorite book?  We had some discussion over the title of this book.  Mia said it was "You Drive Me Wild".  I said it was "You Drive Me Wild, Harriet!"  The funny thing - after looking it up...
We were both wrong!  I don't think this is her favorite of all time, but I do think it is her favorite book she read today.  Jeanette loaned it to me after I told her about Q's stunt with the water.

Mia, what is your best color?
**pink, purple, and red

How do you feel about us moving?
**Happy and sad we're moving.  Here's why I'm sad.  I'm sad because I'm leaving my friends behind and I'll be far away from them and won't get to go to Kalahari anymore.  I'm happy because it's a hot place, we'll have a pool, a big house, I'll go to a new school and make new friends.

**I have more, but that's all I want to say.

She then started singing a little of "The Star Spangled Banner" to me.  Then she said she was tired and went to bed.

No comments: