4.30.2011

rainbow stripes

While sifting through some old photos, I came across this gem.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share it.  We have laughed about how much Quinny loves her stripes.  Well maybe it's genetic.  The funny thing about this picture is I remember very well the day it was taken.  We didn't take very many pictures in our family and for some reason my dad was in a picture taking mood.  I think he took an entire roll of film of just Ricky and me.  We were outside doing whatever:  standing next to the lawnmower, swinging, chasing the rabbits, posing by the VW bug.  The important thing to note is that I was hugely proud of my attire.  I distinctly recall matching the shirt to the puffy flip flops.  I also thought the colors in the top perfectly blended with the pants.  Maybe Quinny and I have more in common than I thought!!
I think there is hope for Quinn.  Eventually I did outgrow this phase, but not before I went through a  blue eyeshadow phase or wearing boys jeans phase.  Let's just hope she doesn't take after Bob and go through a soccer shorts phase.  That lasted approximately four years of just soccer shorts.  Or worse, Shelle's Madonna phase!  Oh Shelle, what were you thinking?  It may take awhile, but Quinn will get there.  

No comments: