4.12.2011

What all did we swim with?


Water park soup. What's in it? Who knows, pass the chlorine!!! OK, I have to admit, I think water parks are on the disgusting side. I mean, there are a lot of people in that water who either don't have control over their bodily functions, or who don't care to control them. And there are many cracks and crevasses which probably don't have the best regular hygiene, but are nonetheless bathed in the common water park soup. I just try to forget the little microbiology I remember and have a good time. Usually, it works, and I haven't gotten sick that I know of from any of our many trips to water parks. But, for your viewing pleasure, I've included a little photo I snapped of what was seen on our hotel room toilet seat after returning from the water park. The carrier? Kim's leg!!! A random bandaid stuck to it and was left on the toilet seat as a little reminder of the fact that we all swim in scary waters!! Aside from all that, the trip was awesome!!

{Dear Robert,}
Since the computer won't let me comment on this post for some reason, I am adding my comment here.  This was one of the most disgusting things that has happened to me at a water park.  
Okay, not as gross as having to catch Mimi's poop in my bare hand, but that's a story for a different post...
And maybe not as embarrassing as having Haley vomit in a Ziploc while standing poolside, also a story for another day...
And it was pretty sick having to dodge puke on the stairs of one of the slides one time...
Anyway, I thought we agreed when the band-aid incident happened that we would never speak of it again??? 
By the way, I think I saw no less than ten band-aids in the pools at Kalahari.
{From, Kim}

No comments: