4.22.2011

april showers

 It's Friday morning, the kids are home from school, and it's raining.  Quite a start to a long weekend.  I see them standing at the window and they remind me of the kids in The Cat in the Hat with nothing to do.  However, as I look around the room I see they have found a few things to do, like take every book off the shelves and bring down their pillows and blankets from their room to use as sleds on the stairs - oh, the giggles went on for quite some time during that adventure.  I think I am going to need a little help soon to get this place clean again.  Where is the Cat in the Hat and his fancy cleaning machine when I need him?  Soccer has been somewhat of a wash this season.  Their first two games were canceled because of rain.  I don't think I have ever looked forward to warm weather so much in my life as I do this year.  With it will bring new beginnings in many different ways, and I am welcoming all of it.  It has been a rather cold and dreary winter and I feel myself yearning for the changes like the kids yearn for their outdoor play.

 A superhero doing her reading.


Quinny found the toilet paper - dang it!  She used it do decorate the basement.
Luckily she just came and asked me if she could cut Mimi's hair.  She received a resounding NO! for an answer.  At least she asked me and didn't just do it!!

**Note:  It may look like I am biased with the pictures.  I am not.  The older kids are a little camera shy and not around as much.  I love them, even if they don't want to hear it all the time!  They are fantastic kids - I couldn't ask for better.  And they are the BEST older siblings to M and Q EVER!!

No comments: