4.20.2011

broadway, hitler, & popcorn pop

 Here's Eric at Fairfield's Spring Concert last night.  Of course the entire evening was fantastic, but I do think the 5th graders steal the show when they parade in through the aisles with their headdresses on.  I find the whole thing to be so enjoyable.  They sing and dance as well as do a little tinikling, a type of dance done with large bamboo sticks and set to music.  Mia and Quinny were my dates.  I would love to say Quinny was an angel, but let's face it, she's not.  I think she sat in her seat a total of 30 seconds.  Luckily we sat in the back and there weren't too many people around us.  She kept her constant jabbering to a loud whisper.
 Mia did one of my favorite things that kids do.  She gave herself a 'Hitler' hickey.  She sucked on a water bottle and now she looks like she has a red Hitler mustache.  It is not nearly at good as the one Haley gave herself in 7th grade (can anyone beat that one?), but it is still a good one.  These pictures don't show it very well, and she REALLY did not want me to take a picture of it.
 She was totally faking sleep.  She burst out laughing after 5 seconds of this.
 Haley was on the couch laughing the whole time we were talking about mustaches and water bottle hickeys.  She really did have the last laugh of the night, too.
 After I got the younger kids to bed, I had some popcorn and in my total laziness I asked Haley to get me a pop from the garage.  I heard a little commotion while she was getting it, but I didn't think anything of it.  She handed me the soda and I thanked her.  Oh, you're welcome, Mom.  I then opened it to a shower of coke.  Apparently she had dropped the can in the garage.  She thought this was extremely funny!  Luckily I still had my popcorn bowl with me to catch most of the pop.  In her defense, I don't think she knew this would happen.  It was kinda funny and I probably deserved it.  Next time I will get off my lazy rear end and get my own snacks.   

4 comments:

Kim T. said...

FYI - Hitler's b-day is today April 20th, and his death is my birthday, April 30th. Haley pointed this out to me after reading the post. Kinda weird...

Kim T. said...

Robyn also pointed out that Hitler was married on her birthday, April 29th.

Beto said...

I never knew so much about Hitler. Doesn't surprise me at all that Haley could rattle that off the top of her head! Glad Mimi gave herself a hickey:)

Kim T. said...

You're not a kid until you hickey yourself.