5.07.2011

the streets i'll miss

While driving around town these days you can often hear the excited cries of Quinny saying look, there's a "popcorn" tree!  The blossoming trees are in abundance here and so is our infatuation with them.  Quinn knows that they do not have real popcorn on them.  She explained this to me the other day in the car.  She said Mom, they are just little white flowers.  I don't know why this surprised me.  She has spent literally hours picking flowers off the trees and bringing them to me as an offering of her love and affection.  Needless to say, she still enjoys calling them "popcorn" trees and occasionally busting out in the song Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree.  I'm not sure if I was a little slow as a kid or that it was because I lived in AZ and there weren't that many trees, but I never quite understood the "popcorn" song.  It is hard for me to admit that.  There are plenty of trees there that blossom - I really should have understood the meaning, but it took me awhile.  No worries folks, I get now!
 I was driving down Broadway (the street where our dear Dr. Amy lives) on our way home from Side Cut park and I knew how much I was going to miss this view.  I have always loved this neighborhood and especially this street.  Trying to get a picture with my phone while driving is not only unsafe (don't do it!), but it also doesn't capture the beauty of the street.  However, in true Ohio form, I thought that if I didn't try, the view would change in the blink of an eye and by the time I passed that way again it would all be different.   
On a totally unrelated note, let's talk about food.
Robyn made cupcakes for school the other night.  She left them out.  Quinny woke up, found one, ate it, and came upstairs and triumphantly told us, I ate a sweet muffin!!  
Yes you did, Addi-Q!!
Excellent breakfast!
Robert and I went on a car date last night.  That means I talked to him on the phone and drove around sans kids while he talked on the phone and golfed.  I did spend some time in a parking lot eating (that makes me feel a little bit like I'm on the way to 500+ lbs - hope not!).  This hot fudge sundae was the bomb.  Look how the hot fudge is evenly dispersed throughout the ice cream - AHH.  This sundae totally made up for the limp fries that came with it!  Thank you McDonald's on the corner of Dussel and the 475, you made my car date divine!  Oh, Robert, you did too.

No comments: