5.15.2011

flower cake, soccer, forts, & Q thinking

"Mom, I'm putting flour in my cake!"
I'm sure she meant to say, I'm putting a flower in my cake, but that's the way it came out, and I thought it was cute.  She also put leaves and a little bit of shoe.  Bon Appetit!
We had just enough of a lull in the rain yesterday for Eric and Mia to play in their soccer games.  I thought it was the last week of games, but I was wrong - they still have one more week.  They were both  glad to hear that I was wrong, especially Eric.  He really enjoys soccer.  He only has one more game left on his Maumee Express team (competitive travel soccer), and like I said, he is now down to one more week on the MYSA (Maumee Youth Soccer Association/non-competitive) team.  Needless to say, I was quite surprised when Coach Kevin (Mimi's coach) announced he would see everyone at practice on Tuesday.  I said, "WHAT?"  Then I checked my calendar, and sure enough, there it was.  Practice is on Tuesday.  I guess we haven't seen the last of Coach Kevin yet!!  By far he has been one of the most memorable MYSA  coaches we have had.  Let's just say he can be quite enthusiastic.  When Eric was a on the Dragons a few year backhe was Eric's coach.  Now he is coaching the Fireballs, Mimi's team.  He likes to name his teams and give cheers.
This morning I was awakened by the sound of rain again.  There is nothing better than sleeping until your peepers pop on a Sunday morning.  The house is still a little dark.  I think it helped Quinny sleep until 7:15am.  She gave Eric and Mimi and nice wake-up call.  They were sleeping downstairs in their fort they built yesterday.  They somehow managed to sleep in the fort all night without wrecking it.
 Quinn saw me taking a picture of the fort and wanted me to take her picture.  She is sitting in her thinking chair.  Mimi and Quinn are currently having a heated discussion about the true owner of said thinking chair.  I believe the chair was originally Mimi's. But really, how often does she use it?  It's time to think about it, Mimi, and give it up!!!

No comments: