5.05.2011

covered in couscous

Hey Robert!  We made this couscous paella for dinner.  It was delicious!  The recipe called for two pounds of uncooked medium shrimp.  Well, since I am making a genuine effort to rid our pantry/basement/freezer of all traces of food, I used the "colossal" shrimp we had stored in the freezer.  I didn't see this as a problem until it came time to take the shells off.  What a mess!  There was couscous everywhere: on the counter, flying in the air, sticking to my glasses, stuck to cheeks, all over our hands, EVERYWHERE!  I think you might like this variation on the classic paella.  It's not going to live up to the saffron and rice version, but it is fast and easy.  As I am writing this I just realized that I forgot the parsley - shoot!  I even bought some just for this dish.  I guess I will just have to make it again.

 Quinny opted to eat the toasted almonds that were to go on top of the paella instead of the couscous.  Some of those even landed on her cheek.  I'm telling you, dinner was everywhere!
If you look closely you can see what Quinny brought home from the park today.  Sand.  I can understand going to the beach and getting sand in your hair, but the park?  There isn't even that much sand at Side Cut park, but she found it and put it on her head.
Say so long to the log cabin.  We witnessed the demolition today.  The workers didn't have an explanation as to why it was coming down nor did they know if something was going to replace it.  All of our kids have played on it.  It made me sad to see it fall.

No comments: