5.26.2011

eric and the rain

 The rain this spring has been absolutely unrelenting!!  I have never in my life experienced anything even remotely close to this much rain.  I feel like we are going to float away.  The storms we had yesterday have turned some lawns in our neighborhood into swimming pools.  It's crazy!  It made Mimi a little nervous.  She thought we needed to head to the basement for safety.  She was worried about tornadoes.  I let her watch the news to reassure her that the tornadoes were not close to us, and that if they were, we would hear the sirens letting us know that we needed to take cover.  You could tell she was still worried.  I felt a little sorry for her.  Even with all the storms we still made it to Eric's honor's night.  
The kids in the picture were obviously not ready yet for the photo.  I took other pictures that turned out better, but this one made me laugh.  Mrs. Virost is acting all sneaky in the back.  Brock is standing next to Eric and he looks like he is blowing away a burp.  I have no idea what happened to Collin's face.  It looks like I smudged it out.  And Eric is dutifully staring straight ahead when it looks like half of the other kids are paying attention to something that has happened behind him.  Kids are the best, and these kids are some of the best of the best!!

P.S.  During the torrential downpour and the tornado watch, Haley decided it would be a nice day to walk home from school.  Needless to say, she was a little wet when she got home.  This is the ONLY day this year she has walked home on her own volition.  

1 comment:

Robyn T. said...

I get credit for the picture of the rain. Just sayin'