12.14.2011

art by mimi

This snowman is smiling because he is a teacher.
He is so happy that he doesn't know he is melting.
-Mia
 Mimi brought home some Christmas art the other day.
She is always very generous with what she makes.
It is usually labelled to a loved one.
As I was admiring these pieces, she asked if she could staple them.
I said sure, if you want to.
She told me she was having trouble with the stapler, however, in true mothering mode, I pretty much ignored her comment until I heard a clunk-clunk, clunk-clunk from the other room.
Upon investigation, I found her stapling her creation to my wall.
She had already stapled the snowman in her room.
I started laughing;  it was not received well.
 On a completely unrelated note, can you tell what this is?
We are not sure how this happened, but somehow Robert managed to get half of an eggshell in the dishwasher.
He has no recollection of this, but he was the last one to do the dishes.
He thinks it stuck to something in his mad rush to get the dishes done.
Robyn found the shell, nicely cleaned, the next day.
Who knew an eggshell could make it through a dishwashing?
We do now.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love that Mimi decided to staple her artwork to the wall. Thanks for sharing all the funny tidbits of your family. They make me laugh.

Robyn T. said...

Actually Eric found the shell, but I still get credit for telling you and taking the picture! Eggshells in silverware baskets make pretty cool pictures, if I do say so myself. ;)