7.02.2011

it's no cement pond

A few years back, a friend of ours asked if we had a pool.  The answer was no.  In Arizona, if you have a pool, it is a POOL, the real in-ground kind.  He thought we were snobs because we didn't consider any other type of pool a real pool.  Since then, my definition of pool has broadened a bit.  We currently have a pool in our backyard.  My niece, Ashley, was very kind and brought over her blow-up pool the other day to help us cool off and have some fun.  I challenge my kids to have more fun in a different kind of pool!

My friend, Alison, came over with her two children, Ellie and Dallin.  They spent the morning with us splashing, giggling, talking, exploring (Dallin), eating, and having a great time!
 Here's Ellie rowing with the bat.  I loved that Ellie wore her water wings the entire time she was in the pool.  She was very prepared for anything!!  I am convinced she cannot take a bad picture.  She is a beautiful girl.
 Cute buns, girls!

Mia was having great fun spraying everyone.
 Ellie getting sprayed.
 I think Dallin might be the cutest little boy I have ever met!  He explored the entire inside and outside of the house.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What cute kids you have on your blog! The next time we come over I will be much more prepared for your large kiddie pool. Of course if you come to our house only your ankles will be getting wet. I am so glad that you live near by.